How can I reduce the allergens in my home?
- Dust, vacuum and wash bedding often. Target furniture, curtains, children’s stuffed toys and other dust collectors in your cleaning routine.
- Use clean filters in your vacuum, heating and air conditioning units. Some air cleaning devices used in the home have high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters to remove particles in the air. These filters can remove several types of allergens.
- Change furnace filters regularly.
- Minimize moisture in the kitchen and bathroom to reduce mold formation.
- Close windows and doors when pollen counts are high.
- House plants can contribute to indoor pollen and mold. Try to limit the amount in your home.
- Choose polyester-filled comforters and pillows instead of down or feather? (14-15)