How can I take good care of my feet?
Years of wear and tear can be hard on your feet. But you can prevent many foot problems with these simple steps:
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Apply a moisturizer after washing and drying your feet. Do not use the moisturizer between your toes. (4)
- Cut your toenails straight across. Don’t cut them too short and don’t cut into the corners of the nail. This will help you avoid ingrown toenails.
- Use a large nail clipper. (5)
- Wear shoes that fit your feet. (6)
- Try not to wear the same pair of shoes everyday. (7)
- Change your shoes at least once a day.
- If you are buying new shoes, shop at the end of the day. That is the time when your feet will be at their largest.
- Wear shoes at all times to protect your feet from injury.
- Wear clean, dry socks or nonbinding pantyhose that fit well to avoid blisters or sores. (8)